Wednesday, April 6, 2016

My Voice

If some of you don’t know me my name is Kimberly Inman and my profession is photography. Before I came to the art institute I have never picked up a camera before. I always took photos with my smart phone. And I learned quickly that it wasn’t as easy as everyone thought. After being here at AI some of the things I like to shoot are street photography, portraits, still life, and anything that has a creepy vibe to it. It would be a life’s dream to go travel around the world and take photos of some of the creepiest/haunted places on earth. One of the main reasons I got into this profession is because my twin sister is graduating from la cordon bleu and I couldn’t be more proud of her. She has been one of my biggest inspiration (not just because she looks like me either). And no matter what my sister was going through she supported me in chasing my dreams and I always supported her.  I was also a model for a little while I did photo shoots, and was even in Fast and Furious 7. But I found out that I hated being in front of the camera and had to learn everything behind the camera. With how technology is today you can basically take your phone out and take a snapshot of anything and everything. But after being at the art institute for a short amount of time, they have taught me that there is much more to taking photos then "point-and-shoot".  With photography I can show everyone the way I’m feeling or how I see the world and that is one of the biggest reasons why I love photography. Photography can be one way to express feeling and there’s an old saying I’m not sure who said it (not good on my part) but “a picture is worth a thousand words”. And today that’s what I live by because in all my photos I take have to tell a story or have a type of mystery to the images. My sister isn’t the only inspiration I have, my mother is my biggest supporter. Without her help I would have never even had the courage to come to the art institute. She is an independent single mom who takes great care of her kids (even if their grown). I love photographing her because you can see the strength in her eyes and you can see how proud she is and that is why she inspires me. The reasons I love street photography is because there is a bright side and a dark side to “The Streets”. You can capture them the way see them and it might be different to other people. But most of the stuff I’d like to do is more nontraditional then anything. I never thought that I would be here today but I’m here and kicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment